Friday, September 19, 2008

My New Toy

17/09/08 - Got myself a gift

What is Aperture?

What is ISO?
What is Shutter Speed?

All the above sounds very alien to me all these while. Planned to get myself a DSLR since beginning of the year and finally got a D80 for myself. Initially, planned to get Canon 450D. Comparing the specs and price with Nikon, i feel it is a bit over price. Well look at their spokeman, Simon Yam. So that got definately got to pay. In fact i don't fancy Canon. Both Jamie and my boss was using Canon. They strongly recommend Canon. Decided to go ahead with Nikon. Haan also using Nikon D40.


Nikon D40

At first i was planning to go ahead with the cheaper unit same as Haan.
Then after reading the specs and all,it doesn't really attracted me. Then starts looking into D60. When I went to have a feel on D60, it was ok to me. Then I saw D80. I take a look on it. Oh My God. I like it. Put away on the technology being used in D60 and D80, definately D60 is using a better technology. The D80 body is much more solid and the grip area fit nicely in my palm. There you go, i took the brochure and compare again. Ha ha.. Discuss that with my wife, and with all the feedback from others, finally fall into D80. I kept Upgrading.


Canon 450D & 400D

At the same time, my PMO head a.k.a my boss as well, he was looking into DSLR as well. His
friend told him the same thing, get D80 instead of D60. So with the 'Semangat Berkobar-kobar', we planned to buy our units together. Then Haan was interested in getting a Tamron 18 -200mm lens. So she also want to tag along to buy it together so that we could have a better bargaining power. Planned to buy it on 17/09/08 as it was a holiday, good opportunity to travel all the way to KL and buy it. Went to pick up Haan from Kinrara and then we went to Low Yat for my DSLR.

Day Before Buying - 16/09/09
----------------------------------
Nikon announced their new DSLR model, D90. Well i know i am not going to buy it as definately out of my budget. At first, got a very good deal from a dealer in Pudu Plaza. D80 body plus Tamron 18-200mm for the price of RM 3380. Then just to make sure i didn't make a wrong decision, i ask around again. They said why not just get the standard kit as the lens was 18-135mm which is enough for person like me. Further more the lens is original Nikor lens which the quality is definitely much better than Tamron.

My friend, Chai Mey, she sent a link for me to read on the review of the high power wide angle zoom lens will indeed distort the picture quality. Haih... then this has caused me to think for the whole day. Then my boss was telling the same thing. He said he will want to settle to standard kit lens. Then i ask another of my friend. Lagi teruk, straight away say why am I getting older model like D80. So forget about the conversation...It was a torturing moment with all the comments and thinking.
Really feel to bang my head on the wall that time.


Then my boss said his friend just bought a D80 standard kit lens a week before which cost
only Rm 3120 include some other freebies and gave me the address in low yat plaza. Then he 'Fong Fei Kei' telling me that he is going to wait for another 2 weeks as the price will drop again. I didn't listen to him and insists to buy it the next day and i finally made a decision to get the standard kit version.


Nikon D80

Around 6pm, Haan came down to the level 1 pantry area and we chatted on the plan. Then Loo and my boss also join. I told Haan, my boss is going to pull out.. ha ha ..

At night, Haan pulak told me she's going to wait also for her lens. So at the end, i am the
only one to buy. Anyhow i drag her to go together with me as i am not good in bargaining...hehehe ..

No comments: